Wednesday 2 February 2011

Thai Style



Over Christmas and New Year I was away in Thailand. It's not the first time I have been (I used to live there) but this time I went to Siam Paragon. I went to meet a friend and while I was waiting for him near the entrance to the MRT I just stood for a while in the crowd and watched people going about there day. They looked amazing. It was a million miles away from the conservative Thai fashion that I knew from teaching in a small town Thai secondary school.

Siam Paragon is one of the biggest shopping centers in Asia never mind Bangkok, full of designer brands it's no wonder the people looked great but they did it with their own flair. I really wish I had managed to get some photos of their 'street style' but just didn't have the confidence to stop people.

If you want to have a look at someone who does Bangkok style best though, check out Ploy. She is a fashion blogger, stylist, makes and sells her own designs mixing them with amazing vintage and designer finds like nobody else!

In Bangkok I also found an very lovely little vintage stall tucked away just at the end of Khao San Road. Vintage over there is great if you are small. I found my size 6 friend an amazing pair of Harems for just £4. My star £4 find for myself though was this 80's inspired polka dot dress. Perfect for the spring.


If you haven't been to Thailand yet I totally recommend it. Not just for the shopping but the laid back amazing vibe of the place. Now I really want to find some more great Thai Fashion Bloggers. Any tips?

No comments:

Post a Comment