Wednesday 24 November 2010

Lanvin for H&M- The Big Day!



Like most of you it felt like we had been waiting forever for the Lanvin collection to land in H&M. As I'm sure many of you did, I set my alarm early yesterday and was ready at 7am for things to go live. I tried and tried but the website kept crashing. I did expect this due to the fact that the UK H&M online shop hasn't been up that long and this is the 1st time a designer collection has been available for UK shoppers via the website. There is surely no way to test for that amount of traffic?

I did eventually get the pink one shoulder dress that I have been after ever since I saw it on the fabulous Anna Dello Russo last week, into my bag but couldn't check out.... talk about teasing me! Never one to give up I headed into Birmingham. When I got to the Bull Ring store at 9.15am there was non of the chaos I had expected. Ladies were queuing up to see the collection in an orderly fashion monitored by the staff although they were grabbing arms full of clothes. I couldn't get near the dresses but did get a wristband for a 12.25 timeslot(!)

Off I went to work and arrived back in store just after Midday. It's a good job I got in early as I arrived I managed to get two dresses, one for me and one for my sister. Not the ones we wanted but lovely non the less and if I had arrived a minute later there would have been nothing left. Should it really be this hard though to buy such a hugely anticipated collection?

How did you get on?

Here are our dresses. I can't wait to wear mine then I will post some photo's.

My Lanvin Dress               My Sister's Lanvin Dress






No comments:

Post a Comment