Wednesday 21 November 2012

Games Style

The Games Maker Uniform
 
I know I didn't get lots chance to post over the summer. That's because I was busy volunteering at the Olympic and Paralympic Games. I was a National Olympic and Paralympic Committee Assistant looking after Thailand.

I thought I would share with you a photo of me modeling my Games Maker uniform at the athlete's village. Designed by Stella McCartney, I have to admit I was one of the people who really hated the look of it when it was revealed.  I remember thinking, "BEIGE TROUSERS!!! OH MY GOD STELLA!!!" but I have to say that by the end of the games I loved it. There is something amazing about knowing what you are going to wear everyday that is so comfortable. The trainers were so comfy I have just got myself 2 more pairs. I almost forgot what it was like to wear normal clothes.

More than it being comfy, by the end of the games, I wondered if Stella had seen what she had done. She had made a uniform that made people talk to each other on the tube, made strangers in London stop and talk to each other about their day and even made beige trousers seem quite...well...I hate to say it but...cool!  

Inside the Athlete's Village

Meeting Oscar Pistorius at the training track - wearing my Thailand team jacket


No comments:

Post a Comment