Saturday 14 April 2012

How To...Fishtail Plait

I have wanted to be able to do a fishtail plait for AGES. Over Easter I had some time to finally learn how to do it. I taught myself how to French plait years ago but when Look Magazine's Friday Night Hair email landed in my inbox I thought it was about time.

I tried to follow their video but didn't have much luck. I found the most complicated bit where you cross the hair over really hard to see. This coupled with the fact that I was trying to do it at the back of my head was giving me neck ache. If you have a friend to practice on or some hair extensions then it really would be much easier. 



I looked around online for a better How To video that I could follow. This one makes it as easy as it can be. After watching it I finally managed my first fishtail plait! Are you any good at them? Let me know how you get on. It really is easier than French Plaits.



These instructions are also fairly easy to follow as a reminder after you have watched the video.
Source: http://www.questjen.com




2 comments:

  1. Love this look. I would probably use hair extensions to make my plait longer. can get them from www.hairtrade.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Kate. I am going to try it with extensions because even though my hair is long it just isn't long enough to make this look.

      Delete